The Tourism Relief Fund, administered by Canada’s regional development agencies and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), supports tourism businesses and organizations to adapt their operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to facilitate their future growth.
Eligible applicants include tourism entities that cater mainly to visitors, such as:
- non-profit organizations, such as tourism associations
- band councils or other Indigenous organizations and cooperatives
To be eligible for this fund, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a key supplier or operator in the visitor experience
- Be part of a defined tourism cluster or a tourism dependent community, including supporting downtown cores
- Provide an anchor product or service in a tourism destination
For more details on eligibility criteria, please consult the applicant guide.
How to Apply?
Before submitting an application, please make sure to consult the applicant guide.
Once you are ready, please fill out the Tourism Relief Fund application form online, and then send us your form:
- through the application for financial assistance page; or
- by mail to the ACOA regional office in your province.
For more information on the resources available for businesses, visit Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan page, consult the Managing your business during COVID-19 page or download the Canada Business application.
To find out if the Jobs and Growth Fund fits your needs, contact ACOA Business Information Services at 1-888-576-4444. The agents are well versed in existing funding options and can help you submit your project or find other available solutions.
Or reach out by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island