Residents of the Town of Banff may apply for rebates and incentives when adding green and energy-efficient features to their homes. Rebates and incentives include the following:
- high-efficiency (ENERGY STAR certified) full-sized refrigerators – $200 post-purchase rebate
- window and door (ENERGY STAR certified) replacement rebate – $50 post-purchase
- certified Solar Hot Water System Rebate – $650 post-purchase rebate
- high-efficiency (ENERGY STAR certified) dishwasher – $100 post-purchase rebate
- programmable thermostats – $50 post-purchase rebate
- high-efficiency (ENERGY STAR certified) furnace – $500 post-purchase rebate
- energy audit rebate – $100 post-purchase rebate
- ENERGY STAR Most Efficient’ certified front loading clothes washers – $100 post-purchase rebate
To be eligible for some rebates, the energy efficiency of a specific product must be certified under either the Energy Star or CEE program. These certifications are typically listed in the specifications for individual products.
How to Apply?
To apply for Town of Banff residential environmental rebates, please complete and submit the Residential Environmental Rebate Application form. If you’re unsure if the item you’re considering qualifies, please contact Planning and Development at 403.762.1215.
- The rebate program has relaunched as of January 1, 2021, with the exception of the Snow and Ice Walking Aid and Studded Tire Rebate, where receipts must be dated Nov. 23, 2020, or later. For all other rebates, receipts must be dated January 1, 2021, or later.
Based on individual application
Planning & Development
110 Bear Street
Banff, AB T1L 1A1