The Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI) is intended to support new and incremental activity to help businesses compete outside Nova Scotia. Training should help your business move in a new direction or expand your core operations, and promote growth and profitability.
The incentive isn’t for training to increase competitiveness with other Nova Scotia businesses. It also can’t support training that could be supported by. the Workplace Education Initiative, which supports essential business skills like leadership, sales, marketing and social media.
You can apply as an individual business, or as an organization or association on behalf of a group of businesses.
A business is eligible to apply if it:
- is located in Nova Scotia)
- is registered and active in the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies or incorporated by an Act of the Nova Scotia Legislature)
- has been operating for at least 1 full calendar year)
- generating at least 30% of revenue from commercial activity (any business activity occupied with commerce or trade with an expectation of profit)
Types of training that are eligible for funding include:
- information technology training
- technical training
- workflow systems and processes training
- other training that will benefit your business or organization and that isn’t typically eligible for funding through other government programs
How to Apply?
If you already have a LaMPSS account you can apply directly to the WIPSI program here
Read the WIPSI Program LaMPSS Application Instructions for details on how to apply.
You need to apply through the Labour Market Programs Support System (LaMPSS). To register for a LaMPSS account, use the LaMPSS External Access (Registration) Form and the Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit) Form.
The Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive primarily provides funding for direct training costs. It may also cover other expenses like travel (up to 50%) and accommodation costs for persons with disabilities (up to 100%).
Funding agreements should not exceed 12 months.
Manager, Workplace Education and Training.
WIPSI Program Coordinator
WIPSI Program Officer
WIPSI Program Officer
Business / Training