Grant Name: Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations (employers)
January 21, 2022
Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations (YCWHO) is an employment program for students. Eligible employers may benefit from wage subsidies and access a pool of talented youth with innovative ideas and competitive skills.
Generally, full-time positions last from six to 16 weeks. Students may work full-time or part-time.
Note: Priority will be given to employers that submit applications for full-time jobs.
An employer may be eligible for funding if it is:
- an incorporated, non-profit organization in Canada with a heritage mandate such as a museumFootnote1, archives, a library, or an organization managing built heritage (heritage site)Footnote2;
- an educational or cultural institution that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a non-profit organization under a provincial, territorial, regional or municipal government, that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a professional heritage service organization;
- an Indigenous regional government or governing body (band or tribal council) and/or Indigenous organization with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Inuit and Métis); and
- stable and financially healthy.
An employer is not eligible if it is:
- a federal department, federal agency or Crown corporation;
- a provincial or territorial government department;
- for-profit; or
- a non-profit organization with a heritage mandate in support of a federal entity, that is also operationally dependent on the federal entity by virtue of its administrative and/or contractual relationship.
How to Apply?
YCW programs are implemented through various Delivery Organizations. You must apply online via the YCW website to the Delivery Organization most appropriate to your organization’s mandate and/or project objectives. Delivery Organizations are responsible for evaluating and approving applications and for administering funded projects.
Note: YCW is highly competitive, requests for funding typically exceed our available resources. If your organization is eligible, submitting an application is not a guarantee of funding nor is the percentage of funding requested.
Based on individual applications
Contact your specific Delivery Organization if you have questions or need more information.
OR, call the Government of Canada’s Youth Info Line: