This program provides grants of $5’500 per program year to former BC youth in care students between 19 and 24 years of age. Student may receive a maximum of four grants.
- you must be a former BC youth in continuing custody
- in the continuing custody of a director designated under Section 91 of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (CFCSA) pursuant to that act; or,
- under the guardianship of a director pursuant to section 51(1)(a) of the Infants Act; or,
- under the guardianship of a director of adoption pursuant to the Adoption Act
- a full-time student or a student with a permanent disability studying at a 40% course load
- registered to take post-secondary-level courses from a designated post-secondary institution in an eligible program leading to a certificate, diploma or degree that is at least 12 weeks long
- between 19 and 24 years old
How to Apply?
- Complete the application form and attach a letter from any Ministry of Children and Family Development office or delegated Aboriginal agency stating you are a former youth-in-care.
- If you are not applying for financial assistance through StudentAid BC, a financial aid officer at your school must also complete a confirmation of enrolment form.
- If you are denied funding and want to appeal, please complete an appeal form and submit it along with the documentation listed on the form to StudentAid BC.
British Columbia, Canada