- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- study at a designated institution anywhere in the world;
- be a full-time student;
- meet 1 of the following requirements:
- completed 2 years of secondary school in Yukon;
- if you are younger than 20, have resided in Yukon continuously since the age of 14; or
- in any other case, live in Yukon from the age of 14 to the age of 18.
- not be eligible for funding from another province, territory or country;
- this may happen if you, a parent or other supporting person resided outside of Yukon for 12 months or longer;
- if you are not sure, check with our office.
- have lived in Yukon for the 2 years right before your classes start. Generally, you are a Yukon resident if you:
How to Apply?
- Register and apply online.
- Login to Student Financial Assistance: https://apps.gov.yk.ca/sfai/f?p=220:LOGIN:26623470134779
- There, you can log in with your user name and password to start your application.
- If you don’t have a user name and password, visit the Student Financial Assistance Registration webpage and register.
- You must download and complete the Yukon Student Financial Assistance Student Declaration form.
- For your 1st application include:
- If you are changing post-secondary institutions, include a copy of your new letter of acceptance.
- Collect and complete other forms that may apply.
- Submit the completed forms.
$145 per week of study
Students going to school outside of Yukon may be eligible for an annual travel amount of $1’500
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5929, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5929.